Before starting her own firm, Roberta’s nursing career encompassed a wide variety of healthcare experience — both in Clinical Practice and Operations — in Skilled Care, Long-Term Care, Critical Care, Homecare, Hospice and Acute Care, including:
- As the Director of Nursing for a skilled nursing facility, Roberta developed clinical programming in heart failure which led to a reduction in returns to acute care, an increase in hospital referrals and increased revenue. Her leadership development and Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) skills in fall and wound prevention provided additional positive results.
- Under her leadership as the Director of Nursing and Program Development for a 63-bed skilled post-hospital nursing unit, the facility achieved three years of deficiency-free, Ohio Department of Health (ODH) surveys and a perfect Five-Star rating from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- During her 13 years of homecare experience, Roberta served as a direct care manager and clinical coordinator of over 200 skilled, passport and private duty patients. Under her management, the department achieved perfect surveys from the Ohio Department of Health, the Joint Commission and Passport Services and was designated as Homecare Elite Top 25% in the nation.
- Roberta’s experience as a Director of Quality includes the establishment of deemed status by the Joint Commission (JCAHO) of a newly opened Inpatient Rehab Facility (IRF) where she then led the facility as Chief Nursing Officer.
- As the Chief of Strategic Planning and Program Development at the Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio, Roberta was responsible for the development of successful programs in Heart Failure, COPD/Pneumonia and Orthopedics along with an automated data reporting structure for outcome measures in all clinical areas
Now, as the President and Founder of Five Star Clinical Solutions, Roberta works with organizations on both the clinical and operations side to evaluate where process improvements can be made to enhance outcomes and increase referrals. Her programs deliver measurable outcomes in staff and patient satisfaction, leadership, programming, certification and survey results.